Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Psalm 108

My heart is steadfast, O God,
I will sing, I will sing praises, even with my soul.
Awake, harp and lyre;
I will awaken the dawn!
I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord, among the peoples;
And I will sing praised to Thee among the nations.
For Thy lovingkindness is great above the heavens;
And Thy truth reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
And Thy glory above all the earth.
That Thy beloved may be delivered,
Save with Thy right hand, and answer me!

God has spoken in His holiness:
"I will exult, I will portion out Shechem,
And measure out the valley of Succoth.
"Gilead is Mind, Manasseh is Mind;
Ephraim also is the helmet of My Head;
Judah is My scepter.
"Moab is My washbowl;
Over Edom I shall throw My shoe;
Over Philistia I will shout aloud."

Who will bring me into the besieged city?
Who will lead me to Edom?
Hast not Thou Thyself, O God, rejected us?
Oh, give us help against the adversary,
For deliverance by man is in vain.
Through God we shall do valiantly;
And it is He would will tread down our adversaries.

~Psalm 108 (NASB 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment