Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Psalm 17

Hear a just cause, O Lord, give heed to my cry;
Give ear to my prayer, which is not from deceitful lips.
Let my judgment come forth from Thy presence;
Let Thine eyes look with equity.
Thou hast tried my heart;
Thou hast visited me by night;
Thou hast tested me and dost find nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.
As for the deeds of men, by the word of Thy lips
I have kept from the paths of the violent.
My steps have held fast to Thy paths.
My feet have not slipped.

I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt answer me, O God;
Incline Thine ear to me, hear my speech.
Wondrously show Thy lovingkindness,
O Savior of those who take refuge at Thy right hand
From those who rise up against them.
Keep me as the apple of Thy eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Thy wings,
From the wicked who despoil me,
My deadly enemies, who surround me.
They have closed their unfeeling heart.
With their mouth they speak proudly.
They have now surrounded us in our steps;
They set their eyes to cast us down to the ground.
He is like a lion that is eager to tear,
And as a young lion lurking in hiding places.

Arise, O Lord, confront him, bring him low;
Deliver my soul from the wicked with Thy sword,
From men with Thy hand, O Lord,
From men of the world, whose portion is in this life;
And whose belly Thou dost fill with Thy treasure;
They are satisfied with children,
And leave their abundance to their babes.
As for me, I shall behold Thy face in righteousness;
I will be satisfied with Thy likeness when I awake.

~Psalm 17 (NASB 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment