Friday, April 5, 2013

Psalm 75

We give thanks to Thee, O God, we give thanks,
For Thy name is near;
Men declare Thy wondrous works.
"When I select an appointed time,
It is I who judge with equity.
"The earth and all who dwell in it melt;
It is I who have firmly set its pillars.
"I said to the boastful, 'Do not boast,'
And to the wicked, 'Do not lift up the horn;
Do not lift up your horn on high,
Do not speak with insolent pride.'"

For not from the east, no from the west,
Nor from the desert comes exaltation;
But God is the Judge;
He puts down one, and exalts another.
For a cup is in the hand of the Lord, and the wind foams;
It is well mixed, and He pours out of this;
Surely all the wicked of the earth must drain and drink down its dregs.

But as for me, I will declare it forever;
I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
And all the horns of the wicked He will cut off,
But the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.

~Psalm 75 (NASB 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment