Sunday, January 27, 2013

Psalm 7

O Lord my God, in Thee I have take refuge;
Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
Lest he tear my soul like a lion,
Dragging me away, while there is none to deliver.

O Lord my God, if I have done this,
If there is injustice in my hands,
If I have rewarded evil to my friend,
Or have plundered him to who without cause was my adversary,
Let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it;
And let him trample my life down to the ground,
And lay my glory in the dust.

Arise, O Lord, in Thine anger; 
Lift up Thyself against the rage of my adversaries,
And arouse Thyself for me; Thou hast appointed judgment.
And let the assembly of the peoples encompass Thee
And over them return Thou on high.
The Lord judges the peoples;
Vindicate me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and my integrity that is in me.
O let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous;
For the righteous God tries the hearts and minds.
My shield is with God,
Who saves the upright in heart. 
God is a righteous judge,
And a God who has indignation every day.

If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword;
He had bent His bow and made it ready.
He had also prepared for Himself deadly weapons;
He makes His arrows fiery shafts.
Behold, he travails with wickedness,
And he conceived mischief, and brings forth falsehood.
He has dug a pit and hollowed it out,
And has fallen into the hole which he made.
His mischief will return upon his own head,
And his violence will descend upon his own pate. 

I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

~Psalm 7 (NASB 1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment