Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Psalm 9

I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart;
I will tell of all Thy wonders.
I will be glad and exult in Thee;
I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High.

When my enemies turn back,
They stumble and perish before Thee.
For Thou hast maintained my just cause;
Thou dost sit on the throne judging righteously.
Thou hast rebuked the nations; Thou hast destroyed the wicked;
Thou hast blotted the cities;
The very memory of them has perished.

But the Lord abides forever;
He has established His throne for judgment,
And He will judge the world in righteousness;
He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity.
The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed,
A stronghold in times of trouble,
And those who know Thy name will put their trust in Thee;
For Thou, O Lord, has not forsaken those who seek Thee.

Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion;
Declare among the peoples His deeds.
For He who requires blood remembers them;
He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.
Be gracious to me, O Lord;
Behold my affliction from those who hate me,
Thou who dost lift me up from the gates of death;
That I may tell of all Thy praises,
That in the gates of the daughter of Zion
I may rejoice in Thy salvation.
The nations have sunk down in the pit which they have made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot has been caught.
The Lord has made Himself known;
He has executed judgment.
In the work of his own hands the wicked is snared.

The wicked will return to Sheol,
Even all the nations who forget God.
For the needy will not always be forgotten,
Arise, O Lord, do not let man prevail;
Put them in fear, O Lord;
Let the nations know that they are but men.

~Psalm 9

No comments:

Post a Comment